Laura Phelps D.D.S.
Dr. Phelps grew up and graduated from high school in Kernersville, NC. After graduation, Dr. Phelps attended Liberty University then went on to graduate from UNC School of Dentistry in Chapel Hill in 2014. She currently attends many courses to further her knowledge in dentistry including implants, Invisalign, occlusion and cosmetics to help provide the best possible care to her patients.
Dr. Phelps spends time giving back to the local community and abroad. While in undergrad, she spent two summers in the Amazon, Brazil, providing dental care and serving those in need. In dental school she hosted many philanthropic events to help those in the community. In 2015, Dr. Phelps started her own non-profit corporation, Sending Smiles Inc., focused on serving people through dentistry locally and abroad. Dr. Phelps takes part in mission trips to Haiti, local dental buses, health fairs, and community clinics throughout the year to give back.
This year, Dr. Phelps and her husband welcomed their first child, Beau, to the family. She is excited to be back in her hometown of Kernersville to care for her patients. Dr. Phelps is dedicated to going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure her patients are being provided top quality dental care.
Gregory South, DMD
Dr. Gregory R South Has been practicing dentistry for 28 years; he moved to Kernersville and started practicing in 2005. He is an excellent clinician with the highest quality dental skills. He is also a sensitive and caring individual.
- 1983, Graduate of Oregon Health Services School of Dentistry, D.M.D.
- 3 yrs. serving as a US Navy dentist in San Diego, Ca. General dental officer on board the USS Kittyhawk, aircraft carrier.
- 1yr. private practice, San Diego, Ca.
- Entered the US Army Dental Corps Jan. 1988. Served in Europe, SE Asia, numerous assignments within the USA.
- Attended a General Dentistry 2yr. residency at Ft. Bragg, NC, 1994-1996.
- Retired as a Lieutenant Colonel after 21 years of service, Jan. 2003.
- Private general practice in Wilmington, NC, 2002-2005.
- Owner of this practice since Dec. 2005 to present.
- Member of the ADA, NCDS, Doctors for Conscious Sedation, Cerec certified.
- Graduate of the Ross Nash institute for cosmetic dentistry.